Saturday 20 September 2014

Creating great introductions to our Narratives




You can use......

1. Dialogue
“ Hurry or you’ll be late!” called my mother from the bottom of the stairs. “Today of all days you want to be on time.”  If I had only know what that day would bring, I would have stayed in bed.

2. A Question
Have you ever had a day when you wished you had stayed in bed? As I rushed to catch the bus on what seemed to be a perfectly normal day I had no idea what was ahead of me.

3. A Vivid Description
The sun was warm on my back as I raced toward the waiting yellow school bus.  As I nestled into the worn leather seat I was greeted by the friendly voices of other excited children. The look on my face was one of confidence and contentment. With a jerk the bus rumbled down the road and I was on my way into one of the worst days of my life.

4. An Interesting Fact
Shock has been known to kill ten year olds. It can cause their brains to explode and their heart to stop dead still. These facts raced through my mind as I stood dumbfounded in front of my fourth grade classmates. I wish I had stayed in bed!

5. Sound Effects

“Buzzzzzz!”  The sound of my alarm clock droned in my ears as I struggled to come awake. With a start I sat straight up in my bed. This was my big day and I had to be on time.





Make a copy of the doc and start planning


No comments:

Post a Comment